Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Notes to the boys and a few random thoughts

A short note to Tennyson
Tennyson you played outside this afternoon with a boy named Andrew that often stays with his grandparents down the street from us. Ya'll caught bad guys with your swords, played 2 brothers and a pretend sister, and made birthday cakes out of dirt for me (as your grandmother that was also a Queen). Ya'll even sang 'Happy Birthday'. Asher was right in the middle trying to 'help' and attempting to gain status as a big boy. You going outside by yourself to play has been a new layer added fairly recently and I'm striving to allow you independence in doing this while still monitoring what's going on. Watching this new layer develop has been interesting to watch and a little funny too. Today, I opened the window a little to be able to hear ya'll play. I heard you telling Andrew about how Michael Jackson died. This is funny to me because I remember when Michael Jackson died and how because you used to watch the news with ammaw and dododaddy (Oscar's parents for those reading this) you saw when this happened and were very interested in this bit of news....I guess you still are!


Tennyson I mean Spidey was spotted at our house a few nights ago!


A short note to Asher
Asher I sometimes, but always with a smile and much love,  call you my little bull in a china shop. When you do something you do it with full speed and never look back. Today we were at ammaw and dododaddy's house and ammaw was showing dododaddy how you can jump in her recliner. She walked off for just a minute and you dove headfirst on the hardwood floor because you wanted down and proceeded without caution. You cried for a little bit but Tennyson cried longer and harder because he thought he should have been able to catch you and you walked over and put your hand and head on him to comfort him. I'm so thankful that God gave you two to each other!


You unlocked the dishwasher, pulled it down, climbed up on it
and grabbed the first thing you could find before
I even knew what you were doing! 


Super Random Thoughts of the day
I often read a blog that references the no longer existing Domino magazine. I LOVED this magazine and still own every single one that came out. If so many women loved Domino why could they not make it?




I bought this pair of shoes at a thrift store years ago. I'm still wearing them and am very fond of them. I was thinking today about how much ground they've covered with me and wondering how much ground they covered with someone else? They've had an entire life before the one they started with me!




My brother put some winter rye out several months ago in the back yard and it's done pretty well but can you see the difference in greenness in this picture? The greener the grass the closer the grass was to the chicken coop. I guess poop really is the best form of fertilizer ; )



No comments:

Post a Comment